PPSN 2020 & IEEE COG 2020 - GVGAI Learning Competition
Organised by Hao Tong1, Yang Tao1
and Jialin Liu1
Steering Committee: Jialin Liu1, Julian Togelius2,
Diego Perez-Liebana3 and Simon M. Lucas3
University of Science and Technology (SUSTech), China
2 New York
University (NYU), USA
Mary University of London (QMUL), UK
This GVGAI Single-Player Learning Competition is organised at the Parallel Problem Solving from Nature (PPSN2020) and the IEEE’s 2020 Conference on Games (CoG2020) .
More about the GVGAI competitions can be found here
Documents about GVGAI framework
- A paper on IEEE Transactions on Games: General Video Game AI: a Multi-Track Framework for Evaluating Agents, Games and Content Generation Algorithms. -- by Diego Perez-Liebana, Jialin Liu, Ahmed Khalifa, Raluca D. Gaina, Julian Togelius, Simon M. Lucas.
- A Morgan and Claypool Book: General Video Game Artificial Intelligence -- by Diego Perez-Liebana and Simon M. Lucas and Raluca D. Gaina and Julian Togelius and Ahmed Khalifa and Jialin Liu.
Only one ranking board will be used for two conferences.
- Games' Name:
- Training Levels: Level0 and Level 1
- Testing Levels: Level2, Level3
- Validating Levels: Level4
- The training levels have been embeded in GVGAI framework. The testing levels will be released after the competition.
You Can Generate Levels by Yourself to Train Your Agent By VGDL!
- Due to the long training time, the GVGAI server won’t be used for training your agent. Please train your agent using your own machine or server.
- Only the trained model is required to be uploaded.
Winners are based on the validating level !
Download and set up the new GVGAI-Gym framework on your machine/server.
Docker: We have prepared the
Dockerfile to help you set up the environment. Link
Program your agent and train it
- On as many games/levels as you want
- Using as much time as you want for deciding an action per game tick
- Using as much time as you want for training
- On the training levels given by us
Test and Validate Phase
- Unknown levels of the same games will be used for testing and validation.
- You can find the script used for testing and validating in this webpage.
- Zip your trained agent.
- Submit your agent to the competition.
- Submission will be opened From 23:59 (GMT), February 17th, 2020 To 23:59 (GMT), July 31st, 2020